Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lions, and tigers, and RAIN! Oh My!



My Gracie is currently at Henry Doorly Zoo on her first grade field trip!  The forecast has been calling for rain all day, and I'm  hoping they can enjoy this trip without a drop!  She was very excited about this trip, and woke up a whole half an hour early this morning, just bouncing off the walls waiting to leave.  Anthony had to work, so I wasn't able to go along.  I really wish I could have.  I do know she's having a blast though.  My friend went with her daughter and has Gracie in her group, so I'm getting regular updates to how it's going!  The picture below is from this morning on the bus, on their way there! 


A little bit about Gracie for my readers delight.  I love to talk about my kids, so as a reader of this blog, you are required to love to read about them!  Gracie is my oldest child.  She just turned 7 years old last week, but I believe her attitude has aged an additional 5 years.  Though she does have her moments, that make you want to literally pull out your hair, the kind of moments you're left standing there staring at her, wondering what in the world made her such a crab, or who does she think she is, I love her. Unconditionally. 

I'm very proud of her too.  She is a very smart little thing, and I only hope she holds onto the realization of that, and allows it to take her somewhere in her life.  She loves to color and draw. She loves baby dolls, Barbie dolls, and she loves worms, fishing, dirt, riding bikes, mud, swimming and reading, hanging upside down from the swingset bars, playing school, real homework, and dress up.  She is a pretty easy girl to please.  There are many times we hear, "I'm bored!", but it doesn't normally last too long with her.  She's a happy little girl too. 

She is a great big sister to Hannah and Cody.  Of course, as with all siblings we have our daily arguments, but for the most part, she is always trying to include them.  You can see how much she loves them through their interactions.  And they admire her too.  Around this house, Gracie's name is "Sissy" from everyone!

She loves to help others and nurture those that need it. (And sometime those that don't!)  She received an award for her character and helpfulness to others back at her school in Danville, and has received two "Tigerrifics" from her school here in Iowa for the very same thing.  There are many things she says and does, that help me to feel like I'm doing my job as a Mom right.  I pray that our relationship remains as close as it is in years to come.

She's a great kid, and I am proud and honored, and very lucky to be her Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment